On Thursday 5 November, The Guam Contractors Association held their annual Excellence In Construction and Contractor of the Year Award ceremonies. This year the event was a little different and held virtually via a Facebook Livestream video event. The Guam Contractors Association Excellence in Construction and Contractor of the Year promotes quality craftsmanship in the industry. Since 1997, the Excellence in Construction Awards Dinner celebrates and rewards construction quality. In 2020, 30 category, merit and safety winners were awarded to Guam construction companies.
This year Smithbridge Guam submitted six projects for consideration into the awards in various categories. These categories were:
- Mechanical: Industrial (Less than $10million)
- Renovation (Less than $4million)
- Industrial (Less than $5million)
- Federal Government / Military (Less than $10million)
- Specialty Construction: Industrial (Less than $10million)
- Infrastructure: Heavy
Out of these six projects, we were proud category winners in five of the six categories with a Merit award in the sixth category.
Our project submittals were:
- POL Hardening (Fuel Piping) AAFB | Mechanical: Industrial (Less than $10million)
- Meck Island Power Plant Building 5030 & 5031 Critical Building Repairs | Renovation (Less than $4million)
- Tank Stair Repairs (Tank 4.1) AAFB | Industrial (Less than $5million)
- Demolition of 250 MFH Units Capehart III AAFB | Federal Government / Military (Less than $10million)
- Replace Orote Power Plant Radiators | Specialty Construction: Industrial (Less than $10million)
- Echo Pier Restoration Kwajalein Island | Infrastructure: Heavy
Congratulations to all of the staff and contractors that were a part of the team on each of these award winning projects. At Smithbridge Guam, we pride ourselves on our safe and quality work and these awards are a testament to that.
In addition to the Excellence in Construction awards, Smithbridge Guam was also honorably nominated (one of four organisations) as Contractor of the Year. While we didn’t win this year, we are humbled to be nominated and congratulate the team at Black Construction on their win.